A few weeks back I shared some engagement principles for a clients Facebook page.. It’s not rocket science, but I’ve found adhering to these basic engagement principles has helped me in creating vibrant community conversation, particularly on branded Facebook pages.
– It’s about stimulating, not controlling the conversation.
The best status upates are open ended questions, always.
– Entertain, facilitate or offer utility
– Be relevant! Don’t stretch your content too far from the credible role your brand plays in their life.
– Create content that they can participate in, play with or produce themselves and pass on.
– Focus on creators / critics : they are responsible for the biggest ripples and influence
– Make everything easily shareable
– Install community managers who understand brand
– Define what type of friendship you want to have & articulate your brand behaviour (this should mirror your overarching brand personality) eg: Are you a facilitator? An entertainer, a concierge, a party host, a deal maker?
– Provide facts and benefits at the moments that count (timing)
– Be genuine, warm and surprising