Great post on Mashable on the astounding 1st week success of Halo Reach.
Halo is arguably the most influential brand in the world – bar none.
As Reach approaches its one-week anniversary, Bungie dropped a bunch of stats on the game’s performance:
- 31,000,000 games have been played since launch.
- 98,000,000 player games have been recorded.
- 8,214,338 Daily Challenges have been completed.
- 255,996 Weekly Challenges have been completed.
- 78,499,560,895 total credits have been earned.
- 953 years have been spent in match-made games.
- 1,365 years have been spent in campaign.
- 854,107 files have been uploaded.
- 577,804 recommendations have been sent to friends.
- 4,619,455 files have been downloaded.
More than 2,000 years have been spent in game — in less than a week.
Just goes to show that guys need to ‘conquer’ and ‘mastermind’ are the driving forces behind gameplay in 2010.