I was thinking last night about how I judge ideas that I work on with creatives at the agency, and it got me thinking about the key elements I look for.
Here’s my checklist of 10 things to think about when you’re judging ideas or thinking about creating ideas for modern youth brands
- Is it SIMPLE, SURPRISING and SOCIAL?
- Does it capture my IMAGINATION and create a NEW REALITY for me?
- Is it built of FRICTION POINTS between culture and the brand’s POV on the world, which will get me talking?
- Is there an inherent MAGNETISM to it?
- Is it PARTICIPATORY on several levels and easy to SHARE?
- Does it have the potential to be REMIXED in some way
- Does it create SOCIAL VALUE when I interact with?
- Is it making a useful/interesting CULTURAL CONTRIBUTION in some way?
- Is it AUTHENTIC and true to the brand?
- Is it a LENS into a fresh consumer perspective versus a reflection of the target audiences lives?
I’m sure there’s probably a thing or two I’ve missed here, this is just some stuff I jotted down. Thoughts anyone?