Over in London, a handful of social media gurus have hooked up as part of the IPA and put together a list of principles brands need to think about when looking at social media.
I’m feeling validated that I somewhat know what I’m talking about, as 4 of the top 10 thoughts are things i’ve been talking alot about in regards to engaging with Gen C – specifically 1,3,5 & 6. 🙂 Here they are.
1. People not consumers – Mark Earls
2. Social agenda not business agenda – Le’Nise Brothers
3. Continuous conversation not campaigning – John V Willshire
4. Long term impacts not quick fixes – Faris Yakob
5. Marketing with people not to people – Katy Lindemann
6. Being authentic not persuasive – Neil Perkin
7. Perpetual beta – Jamie Coomber
8. Technology changes, people don’t – Amelia Torode
9. Change will never be this slow again – Graeme Wood
10. Measurement – Asi Sharabi